Infinite Global is an award-winning international communications firm advising complex businesses which need to engage with sophisticated audiences. Specialising in PR, Content and Campaigns, Crisi & Litigation, the firm provides the experience, skills and insight to drive brands forward or defend them from reputational risk. Infinite Global has offices in London, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington DC and Los Angeles.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Graduate Trainee programme provides the opportunity to join our team at entry level. During the first six months candidates will learn key skills associated with media relations and client service through working closely with account team members whilst undertaking a carefully tailored in-depth training programme.
Ideal candidates will
- Be intellectually curious, dependable, self-motivated, creative, highly detail-oriented and results-driven
- Possess a keen interest in media relations and journalism, and be active consumers of various forms of news on a daily basis
- Thrive in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced atmosphere
What you can expect of us
- A collegiate working environment where your voice and ideas will count
- A comprehensive training programme which continues throughout your career and supports the pathway you choose your work to take #chooseyourownadventure
- An opportunity to work within an international network
The trainee is primarily responsible for supporting his or her client team in developing and executing public relations initiatives that promote the firm’s clients to their intended audiences across print, online, broadcast and social media channels.
- Develop effective media pitches on timely news issues; send pitches to journalists and follow up to secure opportunities
- Compile and maintain targeted media lists to be used for pitching
- Monitor for client placements and proactively alert team when articles have run
- Liaise with journalists and client team to schedule media interviews and/or confirm deadlines.
- Draft error-free client communication on behalf of manager(s)
- Monitor the news and alert team members to timely issues that may be leveraged for clients and prospects
- Write press releases on behalf of clients; distribute over newswires and pitch to relevant media
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and/or annual reports on PR activity for clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with key journalists in person and via phone and email
- Conduct background research on journalists in advance of interviews and/or meetings
- Assist in the development of collateral materials for clients, such as website content and bylined articles
- Degree educated
- Superior critical thinking, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Note : We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this opening.